Monday, April 7, 2008

The landscape contracting business amazes me

Today was a great day. We kept our production schedule on track, completed more work than we scheduled, and are soon to close one project out and move on to the next one. What brings the title subject today was a conversation I had with the contractor on the job who is pouring the slab for the home we are at. He told me something I only thought I knew, which was, that the majority of his business comes from people who call his competitors, and 6 weeks later, they return the calls....

What is up with that anyway? We have a little slower economy than we have had in the past, but in all honesty, the past economy showed us 54 straight months of solid growth, and now what we are seeing is simply, how things are in a normal economy...So, those companies who were just sitting on their laurels after riding the waves in the ocean, are now dead in the water or gone, Even with the cleaning of what I will call the "landscrapers," contractors still don't return calls.

That is one thing Naturescape Landscape Company has always prided ourselves for doing, promptly returning calls....

No comments: